Tuesday, February 8, 2011

en cours de, au milieu de, pendent que

I called off work. I woke up early.
I should even now be in my bedroom pulling out boxes or creating new ones to go over to my new apartment.

Rarrg.

Several weeks ago I said I'd take V to her obgyn appointment. I put it in my phone and everything. We scheduled it for a day when I wasn't working. Then my schedule flip flopped. It was now on a day that I was working, but I assured her I could still take her. Then my phone rang with the alarm to remind me that the appt was upcoming. But I didn't verify the date, having gleefully assumed I knew it to be Tuesday.
Told my boss last night that I would either be late or not come in tomorrow (i.e. today).
Get home, check my calendar, and see V's appt listed as for Mon, not Tues.
Well, that sucks. I wanted to do that with her.

.....
Just called V about the appt and G about the moving thing.

V has still been losing weight like crazy and the docs are worried. So, they've given her one week to gain weight or they're going to hospitalize her. :\ Not really awesome but it may be necessary. She hasn't been wanting to eat and what she has been eating she tosses half the time.

G was confused on what time I went to work. He'd been pushing for me to take stuff over to the new place because he thought I left for work at 6ish. When actually, my shift starts at 6 and I have to leave by 4:45 to be sure to get there on time. But we are going to take some stuff over tonight.

G also told me some more news about Elaina. Apparently the situation is much worse than previously thought and she's going to have a full mastectomy on Fri and they're going to check her lymph nodes for cancer during the procedure. She's also going to have to have either radiation or chemotherapy.
This is a major difference from the original diagnosis of a lumpectomy and no further radiation or chemo type treatment needed.

The movers guy hasn't called me back yet. G said if he hadn't called by 3 to call him. I hope he calls. It's such a weird thing to have as an anxiety but I really really really don't like having to be on the phone with people I don't know. I feel sooo much more confidant and at ease in person or through email.

Blarg.

So, G&V usually get home sometime around 5. That gives me roughly 3 hours to get stuff together to be taken over. I'm sure once I get started it'll be fine. But it's getting that momentum going. You see, I'm really just a product of inertia.
How sad to let the laziest rule of physics run my life. >.<

I also need to finish the email I started to AM. I need to eat sometime soon. I should go clean the litterbox while I'm fussing in the closet anyhow. I need to get the boxes and tape out of my car and replace them with filled boxes.
I think that's mostly it, though.

I mean, there are always a million other things to be done that can and should be.
But I think that's all I need to accomplish in the short term.

No comments:

Post a Comment