Saturday, February 26, 2011

That Brendan Fraser movie with the Fallout Shelter

So, wow. A very full day.

Got soooooo little sleep because I am a 'tard. (Used in an exaggerated figurative sense here, Palin.)

Anywhoo, V is mixing meds (hyphen...too damn lazy to get back up and walk across the room for my usb keyboard or to open and copypasta from character map) but not in a bad doc unapproved way.

She randomly got recommended these over the counter nausea pills intended for sea sickness/motion sickness and that combined with the constant pump of her prescription stuff (fanny pack is still a go) has lead to something of a miracle (hyphen, or in this sense it'd be just as grammatically correct to use colons. Yet, I prefer the hyphen. Poor, sad, lonely, overlooked colons.) V has gained 2 lbs.

Also, she's eating again. Mostly cooked pasta with nothing on it, or toast with nothing on it, or rice with nothing on...oh, you get the idea. But food! nonetheless. This is excellent progress.

Got to hear the baby's heartbeat at the doc apt I drove her to this morning. Not that I haven't heard that sound before, but it was really cool to experience in person. This woosh woosh woosh sound like pulsating waves. A very calming sound, I thought.

Played Maj. Lost $2. V doubled her money. What else is new there? lol. I've yet to come out of a Mah jong day ahead, I think. But it is a terribly fun game and I'm really determined to teach AC and AM (at least?) how to play it one of these days. The Jewish version I mean. Not the funky random solitare game that comes in old computer game packs which I'm sure they already know, or the Chinese version which has no set hands.

Mah Jong tiles are like a really pretty (and less portable) deck of cards (with three main numbered suits: Cracks, Bams, & Dots and then there's the sorta special or secondary groups of tiles of Winds, Flowers, & Dragons. So, more like a tarot deck than a playing card deck in that one way.) That's actually a pretty perfect analogy. It explains how the three game versions use the same tiles but are played completely differently.

The Chinese version is something akin to gin rummy (almost exactly gin rummy actually) whereas the Jewish version is almost perfectly akin to poker. There are set hands you have to make, only in Maj, only one person can ever make a hand in a round because as soon as you do, that's Maj, you won, round over, you get paid, tiles are shuffled and redealt. And the other major difference is that the card with the set hands are changed every year.

Anyway, I'm trailing off into la la land here, which is actually what I've been doing all day and lead to the title of the post. Because how I ended my day (aside from sitting here on my couch updating my blog right now) is  sorting through a box of old and older photos and papers.
The detritus of human life.

Ah, nostalgia, how well I know thee.

Found my high school diploma too, ahem ahem.
After having determinedly declaring that I was completely positive I didn't have it and Dad must have lost it somewhere along the way and was just not bothering to look for it.
Whoops?
My fault for putting one (1) random solitary box of papers in the hall closet that I never open instead of with th rest of the lot of boxes.

There's also the pic of me getting my diploma. Which I had never seen before.

Ok, so in between Maj and Memory Lane, G helped me take apart my totally awesome but really heavy entertainment center and then put it all back together again at my new place. Then we went to the store, I bought a wireless router, and we hooked that up at my place (G wouldn't let me name my network Sailor Moon. I might change it when I'm feeling less tired and lazy. But I think Silver Millennium is a more appropriate name.)

We had the tv on comedy central in the background and this one Dane Cook special came on and G mentioned that he and V had been chosen for free tickets and they were there at that taping. I called shenanigans so G paused the intro on the crowd and woah, right there was V and G. Pretty crazy.

V and G are starting to come up with potential boys names now, since they've already got the girl name chosen. I sense it'll be a long road to agreement on the boy's names though. All thanks to Ben being off the table already.

G offered up Leonardo. My gut reaction was "Hellz nah". But then I thought it's not so bad. Da Vinci is cool and ninja turtles for the win. V was surprised I was so easily able to pick out the reasons why G had suggested the name, but that's just common childhood stuff. You make the same connections easily.
V was all "I'm not having my kid named after the ninja turtles!" To which G suggested "Leonardo Michaelangelo" lawl. What a totally awful name that would be.

When I clicked through my blog links to check for updates, I saw AC's newest couple posts and I had a sudden insight/realization/noduh that I'm surprised hadn't clicked before. She had written a long fic(hyphen)ish thing for her chat peoples about chat peoples and in it the Mary Sue(hyphen)ish character of hers gets it on with the tooooooottttal Mary Sue (Marty Stew) of that boy she's developing a thing for.

The situation she wrote about was not of her own devising (not necessarily) and blah blah, I didn't actually read the fic (tl;dr aka too long; didn't read) but I was like........well, DUH. Of course she's going to be getting it hardcore for a dude she's randomly smutting over.

Wow, just reread that sentence....talk about poor word choice. w/e This is not a chicken/egg question. That egg was sitting there looong before the chicken peaked its head round the corner.
I'm just saying, if you're undecided about whether you want to pursue poultry husbandry as your staring down that egg, prob not the best thing to throw a megawatt incubator lamp over it while you think.

Blarg, anywhooooo. I should be asleep right now.
I've got a a shitton more to do tomorrow.

HOW DID IT GET TO BE THE END OF THE MONTH SO DAMN QUICKLY????

Waaaay too much to do before the calendar officially rolls out the new March release.

Gotta completely finish my old apartment tomorrow. Including cleaning
(I don't wanna!! :| )

No comments:

Post a Comment