Sunday, February 6, 2011

What I hope to make a tradition

So I made an overly long, overly sensitive, overly full of whine post about the day.
Looking back on this journal in future I will inevitably cringe at such.
Also, I won't remember anything about the evening aside from the mention of UFC and then my complaining of he said she said crap.

So I'm going to try and lay out a brief schedule of things I did today. Sort of anyhow.
And perhaps I can build a habit.....

So, today, I tried my very best to sleep in and only mildly accomplished it.
I was on the day shift at work for a week from Mon - Thur for a Kaizen (a sort of Amazon specific process of looking at improving a certain department or process or problem or whathaveyou). Since I had just worked Wed - Sat before that, I hadn't had much time to flip and now I'm trying to flop before going back to my night shift for Sun-Wed ongoing.

I got up and intended on sitting down at the comp to write AM an email. As so often happens when I sit down with that intention, the first thing I did was to check her blogs for updates. That then lead me to checking my comics for updates. It will snowball from there.
Today's snowball was updating my own blog and then creating this one.
My previous blog is going to become (or hopefully?) a creative blog filled with snipets of writing, poems, short stories, or what have you.

Still haven't gotten that email out to AM and it's been forever!! Gah, I'm such a bad pen pal person. >.< Not for lack of caring, though there's no way anyone could know it, let alone believe it...(Ask K about that one.)

Went over to G & V's to leave for the UFC thing. That was fine and fun and I'm glad I went. I don't do enough social things in general. Though I'm not sure how much it counts when all the social things I do are directly related to my family or to my brother's friends, not my own.

Came home, but not before getting two large coffees from McDo. I'm already yawning and I refuse utterly to get to sleep before 5 am tonight! Last night was midnight. The night before was a shameful 7 pm passed out on the couch. >.<
Normal standards need not apply here. I have to be at work tomorrow from 6 pm to 4:30 am. Then there's the drive home. So I need to be readjusted to that heavily nocturnal schedule.

So here I am, not writing an email to AM again in favor of, again, updating a blog.
I'm not sure why it is I do these things. Where's the value in the avoidance? I don't know.
It's not a laziness thing. It reads more as an avoidance of embarrassment thing. But that's clearly a cross wiring situation in my brain.

Oh right, the big huzzah today was reaching 30 lbs lost on the scale. I've been there a couple times now and keep bouncing back up. It's driving me a little nuts. But to be fair, I've not been tracking my food or calorie limits for several weeks.
I'd been saying I lost 35 lbs. I don't think that's a bad overstatement though, if I consider that I had been losing weight before I started tracking the weight loss.
So, 30 down and only about 80 more to go for my initial goal, at least. (Really, 30 more to go before my last "acceptable" weight I'd had. Acceptable meaning only that others found me actively attractive.)

Another note to throw in for the future posterity: Moved the first batch of stuff over to the new Ahwatukee place on Fri. It's going to be really very nice. I still need to call movers to set up a time for the big stuff, and then there's the cable people. O.O Hate that stuff, ugh.

Also, what's the deal with AC? She's making me sad. Several weeks of basically not talking with a half-fight thrown in there somewhere. We talk again last night and she's *still* preoccupied with this Avatar group she's got going on. I really don't mind that she has it (good for her, seriously, that she has something fun to do) but I wasn't worried about it replacing or usurping me....and now it sort of is? wth.
I'm trying not to make a deal of it though, because these things usually have a way of correcting themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment